The Club determines that it will recognise appropriate people as Friends of this Club who commit themselves to the following conditions:
- The friend will attend a weekly dinner meeting of the Club at least monthly.
- Participate in social and official functions of the Club as appropriate.
- Assist in fund-raising and community volunteer activities of the Club.
- Pay an annual administration fee of $40.00 per annum.
- Renew this commitment each Rotary year for a maximum of 2 years; after which they will be required to join as a member of the Club. At the Board’s discretion a Friend may be permitted to continue as a Friend, unless this relationship has been terminated by the Board.
It is understood that being a Friend of this Club does not confer Rotary membership or any of its rights or responsibilities – in particular there is no eligibility to vote on any issue, serve on the Board, or to wear the Rotary lapel pin.
It is understood that meals and other social activities are at the Friend’s cost.
A member of the Club may propose to the Board that a person be recognised as a Friend of the Club. The Board then may determine whether to affirm the proposal.
Friends would be issued with a dinner badge inscribed with their name and “Friend of the Rotary Club of Elizabeth” and be formally welcomed at a Club meeting.
Friends are to be given access to the weekly Bulletin and other Rotary information, and to be given the opportunity to contribute to Rotary Foundation and other RI programmes.
If a Friend wishes to become an Active Member, then the usual procedures shall apply as for other new members.
These guidelines may be varied from time to time by the Board.